Re: RO or Ion-Exchange Resins??

> Most ion-exchange resins that you can get from pet stores will do nothing to
> reduce the dissolved mineral content of your water. As the name implies,
> they are simply exchanging one ion for another, usually sodium for calcium.
> They are recharged by putting in salt solution. It hardly seems beneficial
> to be adding salt ions to the water when you're dealing with apistos.
>
> Zack

So I have to go for a RO unit then. Is there some alternatives to RO? I don't quite sure that rain water will do in my area since I live in the middle of pulluted Bangkok. Well....need to invest!

How about if I keep on with the KH/pH lower products like Tetra's? Does it actually reduce KH or just give out strong acid? What is its disadvantage apart from its price?

Cheers,

Arthit
Bangkok, Thailand.

--

Get free e-mail @thailand.com and more. Visit thailand.com for everything you need to know about Thailand. http://www.thailand.com.
"Comprehensive Thai Insights for the World."