From: mjacobs2@tampabay.rr.com
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: A.cacatuoides cross  breeding questions
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:17:48 US/Eastern

Max......I made the same cross a while back. I still have the cross going
right now. There seems be several things happening...and still happening.
The coloration on the males is everything from full 3xred to full orange
flash. Some have 3xred dorsals and red flash orange caudals.....some have
dorsals that are 1/2 orange and finish up as a normal 3x red.....likewise on
the caudal and anal......quite a mix!!!! I made no attempt to control which
male made the F2 cross and I have the same mix of fish coloration in the F2's
(F0 being original....not wild...not suppose to use "F" that way!!)........but
I did not get any misshapen fry. Have you noticed that some of the orange
flash carry an enlongated caudal?????.......there is a mix of longer caudals in
the fry. I am not certain if I like that trait?!

Mike