Re: Pronunciation

Bill,

It ain't Latin. It's butchered Pennsylvania Dutch
(who weren't all Dutch), Americanized by Swiss
immigrants from the original Wyethe sometime in
the 18th Century. Call me what you want (just
don't call me late for dinner!)  ;-)

On the other hand, there is an Apistogramma
weisei, a junior synonym of Taeniacara candidi. It
was named for Hugo Weise. I guess this name could
be WHY-ze-EYE (or EE), but then Weise was German
so maybe it more accurately should be VYS-eh-EE.

MY-K WHY-Z