Re: sexing A. trifasciata

Hello Steve

Need some info first before judging sexes...

How big are the fish.... too hard to sex trifasciata below 1/2 inch in
size... even at 1" they can be hard to sex.

Look for extended 3rd dorsal rays in the fish.  Males have this longer
dorsal ray where as females dont.   I have never had males with black on
pelvic fins either, but this isnt always a good reliable method either.

Hope you have a pair.... this is a very nice fish.  Always loved
Trifasciata.    I had the blue form when i did keep them.    Good luck
with your fish.

John