Re: Paunduro breeding?

Lianne,
IMHO and experience a 10 gal tank is too small to keep
the male in the tank after they have spawned.

Phantom tetras are rather large compared to smaller
tetras I would use as dithers.  Therefore, in a 10 gal
there would be no need for dithers once the male is
removed. A 5.5 gal is too small to keep four mature
fish in unless you plan to do their water changes
everyday.

Nijenssi and panduro females will remain yellow with
black spots or splotches unless stressed or are lesser
females once reaching spawning maturity.

Raising bbs or microworms would be a good choice. A
good idea is to have the microworm culture going
before the fry become free swimming. The bbs need to
be started depending on method of hatching.

Over feeding without keeping up without removing
uneaten food is not good practice if you want to raise
the fry. Once the fry have full bellies, siphon
remaining food and detris.

Good luck,

Francine