Re: Interesting Apistos

chris@jewell68.freeserve.co.uk writes:

> I havent been able to ID the fish, does anyone have any suggestions?

If these are the ones from BAS labelled Apisto 'peru orange' I think they are
an orange variation of Apisto atahualpa.  Look at the blue-black checkerboard
pattern on the posterior of the body below the dark midline, compare this to
the type specimen illustrated on one of the swedish apisto sites (sorry I
don't have the link)

I found them fairly easy to spawn, but only in a community setting (where the
fry got eaten :-(  )as they need lots of plants and distraction to prevent
them being 'hard' on each other.

I would be interested in buying fry if you get any from them - I'm based in
N. Wales, but travel extensively so could probably collect.

Alan W