Re: smallest bbs

I was told that the San Francisco Aquarium Society used to collect eggs from the salt flats (high saline area) and sell them before some enterprising individual cornered the market in the Bay Area and locked the SFAS out from this business.

From: "Three Guys Aquatics" <chippell@sgi.net>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: smallest bbs
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 07:28:10 -0500
From owner-apisto-outgoing@admin.listbox.com Fri, 25 Jan 2002 04:29:15 -0800
Sender: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com

Bob,

San Fran refers to a general category of eggs, rather then the location of
harvest strictly. They are known to be smaller at hatching and normally
about twice the $. These are harvested normally from a hypersaline parts of
the world. Sorry if that sounded like a location...It's name comes from the
bay area, but as you said free swimmers are the common find of these guys...

Mike Chappell

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Raible" <laetacara@yahoo.com> To: <apisto@listbox.com> Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 12:01 AM Subject: Re: smallest bbs

> That's odd since SF BAy doesn't yield any cysts, only free-swimmers. SF
> BAy doesn't get cold enough.
>
> --- Three Guys Aquatics <chippell@sgi.net> wrote:
> > To all....
> >
> > The San Fran strain cyst are known to be the smaller of the two, I've
> > used
> > Salt Lake on everything I've bred, including rams/notho's/etc. Never
> > had a
> > problem..Just me .02:)
> >
> > You thawing out yet in the tundra? :)
> >

> > Mike Chappell