Re: Hydra

In my experience there are some more resistant hydra than others. The
photosynthetic hydra (green ones) are easier to kill than the
non-photosynthetic(brownish ones). Salt may begin to stress the fish at the
levels needed to kill the hydra. Clout is effective, but it's a pretty
strong medication. I've found Aquarisol to be very effective, though the
brown ones sometimes need a few doses. I haven't had any new hydra in a
couple years now--no new plants for me.

Zack