Fish from Uruguay

I have some young college student friends who are studying in Uruguay for a few months.  They have no interest in tropical fish, but I was thinking of asking them to try and find some apistos to bring back.  They are in the city of Montevideo, so I would think there are some shops or exporters around.  Are there any apistos native to that region?  And, would getting the fish through customs be too much of a hassle?

Thanks for any input.
-Jody