Re: sp. "Peru" (was another fish ID)

The speckling covers all the body, they aren't dots being larger, and they aren't uniform either in shape or size, think of the spots you sometimes get on hen's eggs and you may have an idea.
C:-)lin

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@fgn.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2002 10:37:19 -0700
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: sp. "Peru" (was another fish ID)

Re: Colin,
Re:
Re: I'm not sure what you mean by "black speckled appearance". If you mean color on the flanks, then yes there are some fish that show a more sooty flanks than others (Uwe's black spike form). Many cichlids vary the
Re: amount to black pigment showing on them, depending on their mood. The chin patches (see Uwe's atlas p. 79 as "A. juruensis") are also darker and a bit more extensive when breeding, but I never seen a speckled
Re: appearance to it.
Re:
Re: Mike Wise
Re:
Re: Colin Gorton wrote:
Re:
Re: > Interesting, do they also have a black speckled appearance, this seems to be much more obvious when they're not in breeding colours. BTW I've now got about 30-40 fry:-). They seem to be very good parents:-).
Re: > Thanks to everybody for all the input.
Re: > C:-)lin
Re: >
Re: > For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help,
Re: > email apisto-request@listbox.com.

--

C:-)lin

They said "Smile, things could be worse." So I smiled, and sure enough...