A. moae, or the lack therof.

Well, I just got my copy of the Romer Atlas today (thanks John). First thing
I looked up is the moae. I can now conclusively say that I never had the
true moae to my knowledge. Not really even close. It is apparently, as Mike
and others have figured, some eunotus-type fish. They looked identical to
the photo named as moae in the Linke/Staeck book, whatever that may be.
Close to the eunotus in the Romer Atlas, but not quite.

Zack