Re: D. maculatus/filamentosus... an aside

Coby,
 Not voting on which you have... waiting is half the fun!
 What caught my eye was that you've adjusted your water parameters to
"almost no hardness" and that you've added peat to your box filter.
Depending on the "almost," you may have water with little enough
buffering capacity that you need to keep a really close eye on the pH if
you use peat... I have had R/O water drop from pH7 to pH4 literally
overnight when filtered through peat. Just suggesting that you remain
vigilant until you know how your new set-up will operate.

Martha