Re: frequent spawning

Boleslaw,

I usually keep my males & females together, but I separate them when I do not want them to breed. I also find that it is less
stressful for the male, female, and me if I separate the males of the more aggressive species once the female has fry. I then
keep the fry with her for 2 - 3 months. After 6 weeks the female usually stops guarding the juveniles & she is given a rest
before I feel I want another brood. Then the juveniles are removed from the female's aquarium, and the male is reintroduced. The
breeding aquarium is her territory, not the male's. She is not continually harassed and she is not forced to breed continuously.
This isn't quite the natural way, but it is less stressful on females. I consider it a variation of Ron Harlan's cypriform
method of breeding Apistogramma.

Mike Wise