Re: pH vs. TDS

In a message dated 6/27/2002 12:22:56 PM Eastern Daylight Time, apistowise@fgn.net writes:

I agree. The KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid) method
is the best. Try to simulate your fish's water
without excess chemicals if possible.

Mike Wise

Wow good stuff Mike,
  I will have to chew it up a couple times to get it to sink in. It's nice to understand more about their environment. I look at some of the pictures in the books and it looks kind of muddy and messy a lot of time. It makes me wonder why we try to keep our water so pure. Now I do have a better understanding. I will pay more attention the regions and the difference in the black Vs clear water. I understand the leaching process which would be similar to us using peatmoss to get the humic acid and lower pH naturally. Didn't realize that the rock could actually be leached clean of organics. Well, like I said I do have to chew it up a couple times but, you know I really do appreciate the time you took to answer my thoughts so completely...You not just smart your a good guy too.
                                                        Thanks JerryB