ordering fish... suggestions

Hello,

I recently met a local wholesaler and through him I may have the chance to get some rare fish. A fellow list member/someone who is in my area are considering ordering fish. I have a few options, but I just wanted to know other people experiences:
Option 1: wild caught fish from brazil and colombia. The list included A. elizabethae, A. agassizzi tefe, A sp miua , A. mendezi... and ahost of other treats...but the risk of DOA is high?
Option 2: order from Petra aqua and less chance of death, less selection though and the chance of getting all one sex.
Option 3: Below water... good selection and probably most reliable as far as getting males and females and shipping since Im in canada.

For the first two options the only affordable way to do it is transhipping which means I pay the same price as the wholesaler plus a 20% fee for him picking up the box. However I do not get to claim any DOA. Both the wild caught and the czech fish are quite cheap though. Especially when transhipped...

A wise man (Randy Carey) said that you should only spend as much as you are willing to loose... this is probably very true..

anyway what would be your suggestions. The wild caught fish are probably really cheap but have any of you had luck bringing them in really healthy?

thanks
coby

This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader