Re: A. sp "cara pintada"

In a message dated 7/19/2002 11:27:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, BigJohnW@webtv.net writes:

I keep my cara Pintada in soft slightly acidic water, temps in the upper
70s, pH of around 6.0 to 6.5 and water hardness in the < 50ppm.   This
just happens to be what my tap water is like and they breed just fine in
those water conditions...  I dont know if they are like that in their
natural habitat but my breeders were wild caught fish and did just well
in those conditions.

John

  I like that John, just like writing a prescription. Can't get anymore precise than that. And wow what a tap water to have. I could save some bucks on RO/DI equipment with that.

  Funny thing about the fish spawning and not knowing what they are in their natural habitat. I spend some time trying to get water close to their natural habitat and when my patience runs out. I leave them go and they end up spawning in water that they have no business spawning in.<G>
                                                            JerryB
                                                    www.ApistoWorld.com