Re: Fish ID Please

Jerry,

This is a poor photo for ID purposes. It's either
a female or juvenile male. Either way the lateral
band doesn't look right for norberti. A.
norberti's band doesn't usually break into a
series of lateral blotches. That's more typical of
regani-group species. The head profile is too
short & blunt for norberti, the eye too close to
the mouth. A. norberti should also have a
prominent black blotch in the middle of the soft
part of the dorsal fin. My guess, & it's only a
guess, is that it is some kind of cruzi-complex
form.

Mike Wise