Re: Re:Putting fishroom back together was Re: Problem with Aggie

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Tomoko Schum wrote:

> Any pic of the new fishroom?

Hard to really photograph because the room's kinda small, but here are a
couple of digitals:

  http://mystery.thekrib.com/fishroom1.jpg
  http://mystery.thekrib.com/fishroom2.jpg

By way of comparison, http://www.gsas.org/Articles/1998/fishroom.html has
a little article we wrote about setting it up in the first place.  Since
then we've gotten a quiet linear piston pump instead of cobbled-together
air pumps, moved to bigger volume tanks, and in this iteration, removed
the smaller rack entirely (putting three 60-75 gallon display tanks in
place of the rack.

Basically, the tile and painting gives it a much more pleasant, lighter
feel, like someplace I'd like to sit around.

Luckily, because the pictures are such crummy resolution, you cannot see
the disrepair of a lot of the plants. :)  They'll grow back.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson
erik at thekrib dot com