Re: Borellii fry in my community tank

Jerry,

My borellii female in the 75 gallon tank did not raise any
fry until I pulled out four large marauding clown loaches
and two large angelfish a few weeks ago.  I pulled them out
since they were getting too big and starting to damage the
aquascape, uprooting foreground plants and chewing on new
shoots of stem plants, etc.  The tank has a high number of
snails, both ramshorn and Malaysian trumpet snails.  I used
to think that these snails ate eggs, but both my apistos and
angelfish seem to do just fine with a healthy community of
snails right in their tank.

Tomoko