From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of L. Boorman
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2002 7:40 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: plant quarantine

Hi all,

    I usually use a weak solution of Condies Crystals - Potassium
Permanganate - Km NO4. You just make a solution that is light purple and
immerse the plants for about 10 minutes. It pays to practice strengths and
time periods on inexpensive plants first - too long or too strong and you
will burn the plants. This kills snail eggs and just about anything else
that might be introduced into a tank through the plants.

My 2cents worth :)

Ken