Re: conductivity question

Like I said Coby the pollution is mainly causing you
rise in counductivity. As mIke w said a few things
such as stuff in teh gravel amy also . I have that
controlled in my tanks as I use safe sand that will
not affect hardness. Personaly I wouldnt use any
additives your water is pretty good and withthe use of
peat you should be able to get pretty good water for
you Dicrosus you may add some distlled or RO water to
dillute it down further. The key is to check your KH
you want to get it to 0 or as close to 0 as you can
using the peat filter. The additive is greatly
contributing to your rise in counductivity as well. I
suggest again dont use it its useless in my book. I
have bred more Apistos then I can remember in just
plain RO water no additives at all. That stuff is for
the chemical companies to make money becasue APISTOS
WILL BREED JUST FINE IN IT.