Re: Tropical Leaves (not oak/beech)

This is true, but fig leaves contain latex substances that can be toxic to fish. The reason they are not toxic in the wild is because the water is continually being exchanged & diluting any toxins. I imagine using leaf litter from the environment of the area is
OK as long as the leaves have not dropped recently. Most of the toxins should have been leached out of older leaves.

Mike Wise