Re: Is this really Dicrossus filamentosus?

Colin.........I am not GREAT at ID'ing some fishes either but there are all
kinds of Dicros. sp coming into the market.  Did you see the Dicros. sp in the
Inca movie.........kinda-of-a dot dash-dot-dash thing on the sides.......who
knows.....someone eluded to them in the movie???

But like you I'd bet there is SOME Id'ing thing there.......Mike W. ........are
you there???

Mike

> I contribute to this Spanish language forum and a guy posted a photo of what,
at first
sight appears to be D. filamentosus. I then looked closer and noticed that,
instead of the
usual 6 black squares on the lateral line, there are 7. Does this change
anything? As I
have said before, I'm nowhere near an expert on IDing fish, it's just that I've
never seen
a D. Fil with 7 squares.