Re: coconut shavings

I have been using potting soil and have had a little trouble with mold and smell. I hear that the coconut shavings help this.

Eric

  I find it easier to work with than potting soil. Not as messy and hold water better without becoming too compact. Also seems to not stick all over the worms as much as potting soil does. Whatever works for you is okay. The coconut bricks are fairly cheap and each brick makes enough for 4 or so good size shoe box cultures.

Jerry*B*