From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Colin Gorton
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2003 11:15 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: A trip to the UK:-)

The Wilhelmi all made it bar 1 (got caught in one of the "corners" of the
bag:-(.) The P. Taeniata are all doing well and have just started to eat.
All the Laetacaras are as shy as hell but still healthy. The shell dwellers
are fine but in water that is probably a little bit on the soft side still
(I didn't have any hard water available so used straight well water). This
was a slight risk 'cos I hadn't had it assayed even though the local water
is bottled and sold. Turns out to be fine:-). I had thought of getting it
assayed but decided that it was simply too much hasstle. I did check it with
all the tests I've got; nitrates, phosphates, pH, GH and KH and all were
fine, I suppose it's one of those occasions when one of those multimeters
would've come in handy. BTW I can't have been good enough 'cos "Papa Noël"
didn't bring me one, <sigh>.
Another thing was that I learn't the price of the new (second hand) 1000
litre (350 gallon) tank today, they want 100 Euros for it and the (nearly)
new stand that goes with it, that includes delivery and the repair to the
bottom that was needed:-), life's a bitch:-)
C:-)lin