From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Mike Jacobs
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 7:31 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: sick fish

I am in TOTAL agreement with John. I also would be hard pressed to find a
bottle of medicine for fish around my house.  Change water.......change
water.......change water................if I have a fish that is ailing some
how isolation and I'll change water on him 2-3 times a days for 2-3 days and
then re-evaluate and then change water again.  For Ich what Erick said about
the diatom I agree with also.  I don't mean to be snooty but I CAN'T
remember the last time I had a case if Ich but when I did I changed 60-70%
of the water every other day and used the newer version of the old Voretx
diatom........it hangs on the side of the tank and I think it's made by
Aquarium Products......it's a diatom filter better designed than the old
Vortex in my opinion and I will run that every day.....elimination.......not
medication.