From: owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com [mailto:owner-apisto@v2.listbox.com] On
Behalf Of Mike & Diane Wise
Sent: 7 mars 2003 09:53
To: apisto@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: Receiving fish.

I assume you mean PBC (Poly Butyl Chloride) when you say "black PVC". No,
I've
not tried using PBC. It is a bit more expensive than PVC, but more important
PVC
has had a long history of being used with aquarium fish without questions of
toxicity. I don't know the effects of PBC on fish (probably none) but plan
use the old 'tried & true' PVC. Since a quarantine tank is designed for
function, not beauty, white PVC pipe works just fine for me. I use lengths
of
bamboo in some of my breeding tanks instead of plastic pipe, however.

Mike Wise

Patrick 'ZapZap' Lin wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Are you using the Black PVC ?
> Is it toxic ?
>
> We have a great discussion last month in a French forum , and everybody
have
> his opinion on the Black PVC.
>
> Regards,
> ZapZap