Re: A. borellii "opal"

Colin,

The original Opals came from the former East Germany back in the 1970s &
80s. This color form was produced from the most colorful strains of A.
borellii that they could find. The aquarists finally developed a fish with
blue, green & yellow scales on the flanks and a lot of red on the cheeks.
You don't see quality Opals anymore, sad to say.

Mike Wise