Re: borelli varieties - PICS

Alfredo,

I agree with Mohammed. The "borellii" are a form of A. resticulosa & the
"viejita" is the commercially bred, probable hybrid, that has been called A. sp.
Blaukopf/Bluehead, Blue, New Blue, & Steel Blue. The latter is no different from
the Red Swordtail/Helleri & its many other color forms that are sold each day,
which are crosses between Xiphophorus helleri x X. maculatus. You, like me, may
not like commercially crossed & enhanced fish, but many people do. If you don't
want the fish, offer them to someone with a medium size community tank without
other apistos. I'm sure someone will be very happy to have them.

Mike Wise