raising rams

Hello,

2 things:
Well I Just got back from my trip and the dude who took care of my fish did a 150% job. He even cleaned my whole fishroom and all the tanks... best friends are so cool. Anyway, last night there were still like almost 100 baby agassizi from when I left, but this morning they are all gone, and the male is beating up the female again. Im asuming he ate the babies and wants to spawn again? How long do you usually leave babies with the parents for if you want to raise them in numbers?

second question which ties in with the first.

My german rams, which are asian bred, just laid eggs on a rock. Ive heard that non wild rams arent very good parents? How do you artificially raise babies, as in what kind of tank? how do i remove them? is it a good idea? anybody like one way over another? what about for apistos???

coby