Re: Rotpuct match-making and Cacatuiode housekeeping

Alan,
i use to have this species breed in my display tank like rabbits. The male
set up 3 females, each of them having 1/3 of the 75 gal tank. He was super
nice with all of them, but clearly had a preference for the one he
installed in the middle of the tank. He was always spawning her first,
then taking his business to the two other females. As soon as the fry was
free swimming, he always stayed with that favorite female to defend them.
He nevertheless was regularly paying some visit to the 2 other females and
defending them against whoever. They were very harmonious. no aggression
at all. Maybe that depends on the set up. Maybe your female is a young
male that gets some yellowish coloration in order not to be bitten up by
your big male. Maybe she is just not ready.
hope that helps