elizabethae and ram issues

HEy,

So my elizabethae spawned, and the female was very adamant about guarding the eggs, then the male got really aggresive and chased the female behind the driftwood and wouldnt let her out. and he ate the eggs too.
Is this normal?? Im thinking I will just take the male out as soon as they spawn again, and i hope they do. If she eats the eggs, I will then take the eggs away next time. Any better ideas?

Ram issue: They keep laying eggs and eating them. They just laid a huge amount and guarded them. the male and female took turns. and then all of a sudden the eggs were all gone. should i always just artificially hatch them???

This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. apisto-digest@listbox.com also available. Web archives at http://lists.thekrib.com/apisto Trading at http://blox.dropship.org/mailman/listinfo/apisto_trader