Re: Apistos in the south-(link to Felipe Cantera).

I thought that I had seen that photo before, and I was right. It seems that the photographer is Marcelo Casacuberta. A photoghrapher living in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Here ´s a link to a presentation of him and please look at his photo of A. commbrae.

http://www.cichlidae.com/docs/authors/casacuberta_marcelo.html

Best regards/ Per

Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com> wrote:
Per,

It looks like A. commbrae all right. If the fish pictured at:
http://www.aqvaterra.com/photos/peces/galeria_ciclidos/apistogramma_commbrae_550x380.jpg
is from Salto, then it is the most southern documented apisto in South
America. It would be interesting to learn if other apisto species do
occur in Uruguay. BTW the Aqva Terra web site in both Spanish & English.

Mike Wise