A. eunotus

Just jumped on some A. eunotus in a shop - whichever cf or
aff it could be.
I've read that they are very adaptable and eagerly spawn
even in hard and alkaline water. Would anyone confirm that?
Does it inflict their health and life span?

I have a 250L (~50G) tank, but due to problems with "water
conditioning" I decided not to put any apistos in it. If the
eunotus are as sturdy as I've read - they would be a perfect
fit!
My tap water is nitrate free, dGH 14, dKH 8, pH 7.4. I would
consider a _small_ adjustments (peat filtration, adding 5%
of RO water with changes).

Regards

Greg