Re: what are these apistos?

Dániel,

It is not easy to make positive identifications from a few photos. Here
are what I think they are. I hope this helps:

Apistogramma Apache - This name is used for an undescribed species of
the regani-complex also known as A. sp. Masked/Masken & one of 2 species
sold as Carapintada/Painted-face. The fish in your photos are probably
another undescribed fish belonging to the cruzi-complex called A. sp.
Putumayo.

Apistogramma Bitaeniata - This is the common Peruvian form of A.
bitaeniata. In old books it was called A. kleei.

Apistogramma Cacatuoides wild form - This is correctly identified.

Apistogramma Hauswell - This is not the fish that usually is sold as
"houswell" - A. sp. Mouthbrooder/Maulbrüter. This is actually A. sp.
Masken/Masked (Apache)

Apistogramma Huallaga - This name is usually used for fish sold under
the name A. sp. Inka. Unfortunately, only the first photo seems to be a
female Inka. All of the other photos appear to show A. cf. eunotus
(Orange-tail).

Apistogramma Kiko - The photos show a mix of A. sp. Mouthbrooder and A.
cf. eunotus (Orange-tail). The black patches on the Mouthbrooders is
unusual, but I have seen them on A. cacatuoides from northern Peru. If
it is a disease it is not dangerous.

Apistogramma Painted face - Yes, this is A. sp. Masked/Masken

Apistogramma Purple - These fish are not A. sp. Pebas or Morado/Purple.
They look like young A. cacatuoides to me.

Apistogramma Ririni - The photos show at least 2 different species. I am
not certain which species is in photos 1 & 2. I need more pictures to be
certain. The fish in photo 3 appears to be A. sp. Putumayo.

Apistogramma Shishita - This is a mixture of Peruvian apistos: A. cf.
eunotus, A. bitaeniata, and a few A. agassizii.

Apistogramma Sunset 2 - A. atahualpa is often sold as Sunset. Your
photos show A. bitaeniata.

Apistogramma sp. "Morado" - This is not A. sp. Pebas, also known as
Morado/Purple. The caudal spot is wrong. It is A. cf. eunotus. One fish
is not. Photo #1 shows a specimen of A. panduro.

Mike Wise