Re: new Apisto sp Sunrise!

Since Mike J. hasn't replied, maybe I can help. Julio Melgar collected this fish late last year. The collecting locality is still not available for public consumption, but comes from the same general region as its close cousin A. atahualpa. It hasn't been scientifically described. For that matter I know of no published article in hobby magazines either. The fish is basically similar to A. atahualpa, but has a squared off tail. From what I know it behaves and breeds just like A. atahualpa. Mike Jacob's web site has photos of young adults.

Mike Wise

John Wubbolt wrote:

Hey Mike Jacobs....

Tell me more about this new sp Sunrise you had gotten in this past
fall.... You sent me some and ive spawned them. Now ive got some free
swimming fry and want to know more about the fish itself..... where it
came from, if its been actually described yet.... that sort of thing.

Tundra Johnny...... where its actually thawing!!