Re: Ram nomenclature

AFAIK, its Pappilochromis with the change still pending -- that is most
people are using Pappilochromis (Which I'm probably misspelling) but it
hasn't been made official yet, but probably will be.....  Anyhow, onto
breeding them.  Rams are notoriously difficult to breed -- for mostly one
reason.  Many of our stocks come in from the East, where they don't have any
problem with using various hormones.  Males are more colourful, so they make
more of them......  Hence, 90% of our stock in the country is all males,
unless you are lucky enough to get WC or stock from someone localy (I don't
know about the German Rams...  I assume they've been spaired the treatment of
hormones?) you are not going to be able to breed them.  For a better shot, go
with P. altispinosa, [hey, I can't spell didly skwat] the Bolivian or Ruby
Ram.  It gets a little larger, and is a lot easier to breed, mostly because
you can get females... :-)>
<><
J. L. Wiegert