Re: Administrivia

At 10:55 PM 10/31/96 +0900, you wrote:
>Sounds reasonable. By doing so, does the author lose the right
>to publish his own text elsewhere, eg in a commercial magazine?

Hmm. technically speaking. yes they wuld. I'll have to modify
the message to say Copyright by the author and the usenet community
trust.

>Have you considered the GNU Public Licence?

Yes, the copyleft stuff works well for software, but not as
well for information because of the various things you're
allowed to charge for.

>><A HREF="http://vrx.net/copyright">http://vrx.net/copyright</A>
>
>Seems the  net is so congested right now, I can't access that
>page. Perhaps you have already covered the above points.
>
>The inital welcome message sent to new subscribers, and the
>web-subscription page, should, of course, advise the subscriber
>of the copyright issue.

Indeed.

--
Richard J. Sexton