rational velvet

Just a quick desperate problem - my local water is pH 7.4, 140 ppm. I
breed my apistos in a mix of filtered rainwater/tapwater. I've had good
success until recently. I seem to be having an oodinium problem that has
taken out 40 pandurini and 35 cacatuoides fry in the last 2 weeks.
Killie logic says salt, or tapwater, but you can't spawn pandurini in
tapwater. It's clear the pathogen is in my system, and doesn't bother
the adults. It only affects those species I rear in soft water (2
spawnings of Pelvicachromis taeniatus Moliwe, in the same week as the
apistos, have 100 percent survival rates...).
What can I do? This is a new one for me.
				Gary Elson (Montreal)