On-line Apisto Species list; List archiving

Hello from Tokyo,

1. Online apisto species list
Does anyone know of an online 0 exhaustive list of
Apisto species?  If not, I think we are the people to put one together
and put it on an apisto page, which Richard has previously offered to
host @ aquaria.net. I envision first a list of all scientifically described
species, and then add a list of "official ? varieties". This would
might/be
	* great for newcomers to the list
	* a spelling aid (we could make a spelling checker perhaps)
	* a way to make a online form to register the species you keep or
	  want to trade for
	* a start for a species-indexed web list of contributed photos,
          knowledge, references to literature  etc etc.

Of course we should support the non-apisto dwarfs too but how about starting
on the genus Apistogramma.

2. List archiving
How do people feel about archiving the list. I personally feel happy to
do so. We have great contributors and it would be a waste of time and
resources to let their contributions disappear or force people to re-quote
them time and time again.

If we get enough yeses and if we can overcome the copyright issues
which Richard Sexton says prevent unauthorized archiving our mail,
I think everyone will benefit.

Frank O'Carroll
Tokyo