Re: Shipping (was Laetacara bonanza)

Matthew wrote:

snip...

>  I'm going to go with his newest premise
>which is that I use more than ample water.  (he wants me to back down
>for shipping $$$ :-)

There a several reasons for using very small amounts of water. The only
reason for lots is temp. stability and chemical sink (because you
forgot to starve them for a day before shipping and they produce excess
ammonia). Foam boxes and ammonia traps, like Amquel, permit using
barely enough water to cover the (adult) fish.

>I'll chat with Wright to see if we can get that list there, or do you
>read this list, Wright?

Yeah, I'm here.

I wrote an article on shipping killifish that has appeared in a couple
of killy newsletters. I could post it here, if enough are interested.
The difference between shipping most killies and Apistos is negligible,
IMO.

Wright

- --

Wright Huntley (408) 248-5905 Santa Clara, CA USA huntley@ix.netcom.com