Re: Water Softener question

On Thu, 1 May 1997, A. Inniss wrote:

> In fact, Loiselle and others
> mention examples of fish having apparently 'better' broods in water very
> unlike their natural habitat. However, I'm inclined to believe that
> usually, fish breed most 'successfully' when we mimic as closely as
> possible their native water conditions.

As a further question, what is the effect of supplying "natural" water
conditions for fish which have been acclimated to other water, perhaps
over several generations?  For example, is there anything to be gained by
reacclimating apistos or angels to quasi-Amazonian water when they have
been born and raised in harder, more alkaline conditions?

Rusty