Re: Apisto Cacatuoides fry

Michael,
	I think Gord offered solid advice. I'm quite into cacatuoides
these days. I have 2 pairs with fry now - one with a very large male and
1.5 inch
female. They're "double-reds", and give 50 or so fry every time. My
other pair
is smaller - the male is 2 inches and the female about 1 to 1.25 inches.
They give me 100 + fry each time, with 2 spawnings so far. They aren't a
selected fish, but a wild-caught form.
	I feed the adults frozen bloodworms, live whiteworms and occasional
flake. The fry get live artemia nauplii and microworms.
	The fish are in 24 inch, 20 gallon tanks with heavy planting. One pair
has three surface dwelling killies as dithers, the other has three H.
nana tetras. The low stocking is what I think keeps the fish from
egg-eating. It looks good too. The water measures 130 ppm on an aquarium
pharmaceuticals cheapo kit. My water's pH 7.4. The temperature's 24C.
	 Good luck and have fun.
Gary