Re: feeding cacautoides fry?

M S S K wrote:

> Anyone experience feeding fry anything other then newly hatched brine? > was thinking of trying frozen naupli by Hikari.

I was able to raise a tankful of cacatuoides only feeding them live
nauplii on the weekends; during the week, a retired neighbour, bless
her soul, feed them frozen nauplii (san fransico bay brand as it was
even though this is Japan where Hikari brand comes from ...) and
they all did well. Probably their first meals were live (two days)
and from then on alternated 5 days frozen, 2 days live.
It was two broods from different females in a fairly bare tank
with lots of driftwood and a couple of pots. The male was removed since
the females spawned at either end of the 60 litre aquarium, he had
nowhere to go. Sponge filtration.

Frank O'Carroll
Tokyo