Re: ohno update

	Sorry to hear about your Apisto loss.  It's probably too late for
him, but I'd like to suggest a treatment for future occurrences of dropsy:
Try giving the infected fish a bath in a two gallon container with a 0.3%
salt solution and 20mg of Minocycline. The 0.3% solution is somewhat
arbitrary, and you could possibly go higher, expecially if the fish is not
wild-caught.  In two US gallons, I believe 2.5tsps will give you the 0.3%.
Minocycline is the active ingredient in Maracyn II, and each tablet is 20
mg, if memory serves.  You might want to grind up the tablet in advance.
Give the bath daily for at least 1/2 hour, and up to 2 (being ready to
pull the fish if it shows signs of distress, of course!).
	The salt's purpose is two-fold: it speeds up the absorption of the
Minocycline, and it helps to draw out excess fluid from the infected fish.

				Andrew

~^~
 ~