Neato!

Well I have been updating this group on my cacatuoides. As most of you
know, my single male was destroyed a few days ago when he showed signs of
dropsy. He did spawn 5 times, with 3 failed broods. The 4th attempt is now
on the 16th day of free swimming and doing well at about 15+ fry. Hard to
count the little buggers. But today I got the surprise! I knew they
had spawned in my 30g planted community tank, but I figured that the eggs
would be eaten long before they hatched. Today when I got home, I
currently have fry about 1 day old swimming around with mom!! It is a
large broup but hard to count with them being in a very odd spot. Anyways,
thought I would share this with everyone. My first apistos have as
enjoyable as one could expect, and even waiting 8 hrs to purchase them,
was worth the short time the male was alive. So, um anyone wanna sell me a
new pappa?

Mike

|     Michael W. McGrath    |
|    mcgrath@citilink.com   |