Females

I just noticed my female, a mother of 20 fry at about 4 weeks of age,
seems to be turning back into her bright yellow self, and getting
a little belly again(aka eggs galore). Now, my male died and so far I have
not be able to get another, but i read stories about fish getting
gravid, no males about to spawn with and they sorta 'dry up' in the
ability to ever reproduce again. Is this true? Thanks in advance.
Oh I read this ina book somewhere, and it was talking about some pencil
fish, not apistos. But I am sure it would be a general rule of thumb if it
is true.

mike