Re: Slightly Off Topic Question

Thanks for the info Mike.

Just a couple of questions. Black worms? is this an American delicacy
or is it another name for Tubifex and are you sure about the pH 4.8 -
6.0 sounds a bit low especially as the majority of my fish are
breeding and rearing young in 6.5.

I've checked into R/O units and I've been informed that, because of
the water pressure, temperature and levels of other stuff in the
water (KH 9.0 deg, pH 8.0 and 650 micro-siemens) I need a 24gal per
day unit, which will give me between 15-18 gals. The only problem is
the cost, I don't know how much you pay but the lowest price I've
found is $250 and that's just the pre filter and membrane pod the
next closest was $350 which included auto-shut off and various other
valves and lines. I bow to everyone's experience with these units but
just to breed "Checkerboards" I wonder if the outlay will be worth
the income.

Comments on fry growth rates with and without these units would be
welcome along with any other comparisons.

PS I've dropped the idea of distilled water it works out more
expensive than the R/O unit

Stuart Greenley
Kingston upon Hull, England
stuart@snoopers.karoo.co.uk