Re: Slightly off Subject

Mike, anyone who makes space for Apisto's is never "stupid" more like
enlightened. I have been fascinated by these little fish for years,
but they seemed to "go out of fashion" for a while and it wasn't
until recently I was able to get hold of any and boy have I made up
for lost time. I scour the Country and local(ish) aquarist
shows/auctions for these fish usually to no avail and am now planning
a trip to Holland in the hope of increasing my stock.

As a sideline, I met the breeder of my Transvestitus today and was
surprised to hear his fish actually breed in water with a pH of 7, he
tried to sell me another trio, but I resisted temptation. My wife had
just bought 3 large Angels, 1pr Pingu guppies, 1 female Betta
splendens, 4 Betta picta Sumatra juveniles and a breeding pair of
Kribs. Leaving me with 2 small tanks for future purchases or growing
on fry, that's until the new tanks are installed and she's already
claimed 2 of the large tanks for her Angels.

Stuart Greenley
Kingston upon Hull, England
stuart@snoopers.karoo.co.uk