Killies as dither fish

I have used Fundulopanchax gardneri and Aphysemion bivattatum as
dither fish for A. caetei, A. mcmasteri, and A. borelli. The
killies spawn in mops in a corner and the Apistos spawn in
flower pots, on rocks, on the side of the tank, or wherever they
want. Perhaps the killies get some of the Apisto fry, but the
Apisto mamas usually do a pretty good job of keeping them at bay.
I even have a small pair of A. borelli that raised fry in a 10 gallone
tank full of gardneri, which are relatively aggressive for killies.

Donald Nute
Professor and Head, Department of Philosophy        (706) 542-2823
Director, Artificial Intelligence Center            (706) 542-0358
The University of Georgia                       FAX (706) 542-2839
Athens, Georgia  30602, U.S.A       http://ai.uga.edu/faculty/nute